S H A N T Y T O W N S : ACTORS, ACTIONS
Sciences Po – Amphitheater Jean Moulin – 13 rue de l’Université – Paris 7. Conference organized by In Situ and Sciences Po Urba (Urban School alumni associations).
- François SALZGEBER, Director of FNAR- Housing Policy specialist
- Julien DAMON, Sociologist, Associate professor at Sciences Po
- Manuel DEMOUGEOT, DIHAL – Division : “illegal camping and shantytowns reduction”
- Sylvain GRISOT, Urban planner, Anthropologist
- Médecins du Monde speaker – “shantytowns mission”
- Plaine commune speaker – Intercommunity – Plaine Commune Grand Paris
These unprecedented migratory flows across Europe highlighted a spontaneous form of urbanization: shantytowns. France has implemented numerous reduction policies targeting them, but they have not totally disappeared. While shantytowns are not a standard way of living, their numbers are increasing. These urban entities have varied forms as well as divers inhabitants.
Towards the complexity of this situation, we invite you to discover the actors acting on these territories, to examine their objectives and to question their actions.